Friday, December 14, 2007

New Pieces, Better Photos



In furniture news, I have recently finished a few new pieces and made arrangements with a photographer near my shop to start having my stuff professionally shot. What a difference it makes. Over the last year, I had gotten a little better with my photo skills and had a nice set-up with lights and several backdrops, but I was still having a problem with getting the whole piece of furniture in focus (particularly larger stuff) and with no harsh shadows.




Anyway, I think they came out really nice and while it is a hassle to haul everything to the studio prior to shipping or delivery, it will be worth it. I was also able to use a few of the good photos in a new Ad I'll be running in 2008 in 2 magazines: Arts and Crafts Home and the Revival and Style 1900.


I've also spent quite a bit of time editing old photos to remove the backdrops, so that all the photos on my website look more consistent and clean. Finally, I added a little javascript slide show on the main page of my site. This kind of busy work is nice as my race gets closer, as it takes my mind off it.


1 comment:

WynnMan said...

Artwork is always tough to photography unless you have studio photography skills and the setup. Furthermore, 3-D work is much more difficult in regard to lighting and viewpoints. I get my artwork shot by someone else as well. Professional slides make a huge difference as you have found.