Having been a technical writer for many years, I am always on the lookout for anything that is worse than the stuff I used to churn out. Well, I really hit the jackpot this week. I am in the process of moving my shop and needed to get some additional dust collection equipment. I bought a floor attachment that allows you to collect dust from a machine that lacks a dust port. Anyway, it was a some assembly required thing. Luckily, the photo on the cover of the Instructions was all I needed, because here are some of the steps I was supposed to follow (verbatim):
1. With the rest foot upside down and install the four pad foot pedal 1/4" x 1/2" L screws tighten all fasteners securely.
2. The lever dead cross and lever governor and rest foot to the assembly using one 3/8" screw, washer 3/8" tighten all.
3. The lever dead cross and lever governor to assembly using fixing boly 5/16" fasteners make use lever governor context adjust as shown in figure 3.
4.The fixed support all fasteners using to the two 1/4" L concave head screw fixed in figure 4.
5. The tube vacuum attachment and fixed support assembly the one fixing bolt 3/8" fixed.
6. Tube vacuum attachment and collector nozzle to the assembly using one 1/4" L triangle screw all fasteners.
Well, at least the spelling was impeccable.