Saturday, January 5, 2008

Blog Tag - Year End Questions

Several weeks ago, I was blog tagged by Paul Charteris to answer the following questions.

Now that my year is over, here you go:

1. Most memorable moment on the trails…

Running the Leadville Trail marathon and Leadville Trail 100 with my dad (his first 100). My parents spent most of the summer camping in the Leadville area and my dad finished the LT100 despite some injury and health problems. The time wasn’t what he hoped for but his finish rate at 100 mile races is better than mine!

2. Best new trail I discovered in 2007…



More like a “re-discovery;” years ago I did a run in Limbaugh canyon with friends who lived in this area, but had not been back on that trail until this year when we moved to Palmer Lake. Our home is actually about 1 mile from the low end of the trailhead (the upper end is several thousand feet up off of Mt. Herman Road). This trail can be turned into a loop using Balanced Rock and/or Winding Staircase Forest Service roads.

3. My best performance of the year was…

Not an ultra, but I ran a hilly trail marathon back in my home town in 2:40:35, which broke the previous course record by about 10 minutes. To quote Greg Crowther, probably not an Uli-proof record, but I can’t envision too many other people touching that one.

4. I do not know how I previously survived without…
Well, I'm not really into gadgets but I did finally get an Ipod shuffle and used that on a few runs this year.


5. The person I would most like to meet on a trail in 2008...

I haven't run against either of the Skagg brothers yet, and I'm always up for getting beat by new people!

6. The race I am most excited/scared about in 2008 is…

I'm excited to run a race in which I'm 100% healthy going in. And I'm scared about the thoughts of my next 24 hour race and/or my first 100K road race.

No comments: